Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Finished submitting Silas to both IGF and IGC

Wheeeeewwwwww! It sure was alot of work to get 2 different demos done for 2 major contests. I really hope to place as a finalist on either of them as that would be a big break for me. I actually entered the IGF last year, but Silas was really unfinished back then and was littered with bugs everywhere. It was pretty cool though since they actually got back and commented on what they thought needed some changes.

For the layman, the IGF is a contest that this year has just under 400 entries and about 25 finalist positions in a bunch of different catagories. If I were to win, I'd snatch a couple tickets to the GDC and get some exposure which would be great! As for the IGC, it is all about 2 categories, one for people with industry experience, and the other for the guys like myself who never worked at any companies. It has 6 finalist spots for each, and I assume has as many entries as the IGF.

I think I got a better shot at winning or placing in the IGC though as I wont have to compete with all those guys with multiple games under their belts. After all, Silas is my first ever title and I'm just a young guy. Wish me luck!

http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2011.php?id=184

No comments:

Post a Comment