Thursday, November 4, 2010

Theres a rumble in the jungle!

I don't know about you guys, but while I am working I am anxiously waiting for the return of one of my favorite video game franchises ever - Donkey Kong Country!

I had always loved this 2d side scrolling series so much. Mostly because It's difficulty and more mature direction were right up my alley. Or maybe it's because its one of the first few games I owned as a child, and I wrapped the shit out of it. Either way, it's gonna rock, cause retro studios is doing the remake which is primed for release the 21st of this month!

The classic SUPERNES game:





Donkey Kong Country Returns:



Probably my favorite of the series was the second one released - Diddy's Kong Quest. But they were all super and formed Rare into a developer I always admired from a young age. They knew how to make a great game, with collectibles, mounting difficulty, style, and sweet music.

Now let's all celebrate with a classic song!

No comments:

Post a Comment